Hariri Pontarini Architects (HPA) is expanding its team.
As a full-service architectural firm devoted to producing work of lasting public value and enduring cultural worth, HPA has created a reputation in building strong relationships with clients and industry partners as well as within their 130 person practice.
We are looking to hire a motivated, creative and detail-oriented Intern Architect to join our Toronto office. The successful candidate will assist the team in all stages of projects (from SD to CA) on a portfolio ranging from mixed-use, residential, healthcare, cultural to educational and institutional projects.
- Assist in the design, assembly, coordination and completion of Schematic Design, Design Development and Construction Documents for issuance to clients, consultants and municipal authorities;
- Coordinate the development drawings and specifications for all disciplines;
- Source all materials to be used, drawn and specified to ensure feasibility and to meet not only the design intent, but to comply with industry standards and all insurers;
- Liaise closely with HPA Project Managers to ensure project deliverables are met on time and on budget;
- Liaise with the project(s) architectural team to determine and implement necessary project requirements and to analyze and determine solutions to improve concepts and resolve design problems on an ongoing basis; and
- Maintain familiarity with current construction, document delivery techniques and developments to sustain and improve technical skills.
- Bachelor or Master of Architecture, or equivalent;
- Minimum 3-5 years of related experience;
- Advanced computer skills to produce effective and accurate drawings, develop concepts and prepare reports and presentations;
- Knowledge of architectural design principles and procedures and relevant building codes and jurisdictional requirements;
- Display abilities in efficient production on multiple projects in a fast paced professional environment;
- Confident decision maker; accepts responsibility and assumes authority in a positive leadership manner;
- Successful demonstration of a collaborative team work approach and attitude;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Sound knowledge of MS Office, Revit, AutoCad, and Photoshop;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project, Sketch Up, 3D Studio Max or other 3D rendering programs is an asset; and
- Only candidates with the valid work permit to work in Canada will be considered.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and portfolio to email@example.com.
While all applications are appreciated, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest.
Hariri Pontarini Architects is compliant with all standards set out in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Hariri Pontarini Architects welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.