Hariri Pontarini Architects (HPA) is expanding its team.
As a full-service architectural firm devoted to producing work of lasting public value and enduring cultural worth, HPA has created a reputation in building strong relationships with clients and industry partners as well as within their 130 person practice.
We are looking to hire a motivated, creative and detail-oriented Intern Architect to join our Toronto office. The successful candidate will assist the team in all stages of projects (from SD to CA) on a portfolio ranging from mixed-use, residential, healthcare, cultural to educational and institutional projects.
- Assist in the design, assembly, coordination and completion of Schematic Design, Design Development and Construction Documents for issuance to clients, consultants and municipal authorities.
- Coordinate the development drawings and specifications for all disciplines
- Source all materials to be used, drawn and specified to ensure feasibility and to meet not only the design intent, but to comply with industry standards and all insurers
- Liaise closely with HPA Project Managers to ensure project deliverables are met on time and on budget
- Liaise with the project(s) architectural team to determine and implement necessary project requirements and to analyze and determine solutions to improve concepts and resolve design problems on an ongoing basis
- Maintain familiarity with current construction, document delivery techniques and developments to sustain and improve technical skills
- Bachelor or Master of Architecture, or equivalent
- Minimum 3-5 years of related experience
- Advanced computer skills to produce effective and accurate drawings, develop concepts and prepare reports and presentations
- Knowledge of architectural design principles and procedures and relevant building codes and jurisdictional requirements
- Display abilities in efficient production on multiple projects in a fast paced professional environment
- Confident decision maker; accepts responsibility and assumes authority in a positive leadership manner
- Successful demonstration of a collaborative team work approach and attitude
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Sound knowledge of MS Office, Revit, AutoCad, and Photoshop
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project, Sketch Up, 3D Studio Max or other 3D rendering programs is an asset
- Only candidates with the valid work permit to work in Canada will be considered.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
While all applications are appreciated, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest.