As a full-service Canadian firm devoted to producing work of lasting public value and enduring cultural worth, Hariri Pontarini Architects (HPA) has created a reputation in building strong relationships with clients and industry partners as well as within their 130 person practice.
We are seeking a motivated, creative and detail-oriented Intermediate Architect to join our Project Team at our Toronto office. The successful candidate will collaborate with the Senior Designers to develop design solutions, assembly, coordination and completion that are aligned to clients, consultants and municipal authorities' requirements and standards on a portfolio of mixed-use, residential, healthcare, cultural, educational and institutional projects.
- Preparing graphic presentations, schematics, design development drawings
- Resolving complex design issues with innovative and practical solutions
- Preparing plans, details, and schedules to ensure Drawings’ packages comply with best professional practices and applicable codes
- Conducting space planning assessments to design and develop plans, elevations, cross-sections, and detailed drawings that meet client’s needs as documented in programming stages of the project
- Reviewing drawings to ensure all codes, and jurisdictional requirements are complied with and provide coordination between various consultants
- Checking, editing and mark-up drawings as required
- Sourcing materials to be used, drawn and specified to ensure feasibility and to meet the design intent
- Liaise with the project(s) architectural team to determine and implement necessary project requirements and to analyze and determine solutions to improve concepts and resolve design problems on an ongoing basis
- A Bachelor or Master of Architecture or related field;
- 5-10 years of experience with architectural projects in Schematic Design Development;
- Advanced graphic and 3D Digital modeling skills;
- Able to effectively create presentations and communicate concepts by using various software applications;
- Completing tasks with accuracy and with strong attention to detail;
- Consistently meet deadlines, completing tasks as previously defined multiple projects in a fast-paced professional environment;
- Familiarity with the City of Toronto approval processes and submission documents is an advantage;
- Advanced computer skills to produce effective and accurate drawings, develop concepts and prepare reports and presentations;
- Understanding architectural design principles and procedures and relevant building codes and jurisdictional requirements; and
- Skills in Revit, AutoCAD, Photoshop, Sketch Up, InDesign are an advantage.
If you are interested in joining our firm, please forward your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
While all applications are appreciated, only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Thank you for your interest.
Hariri Pontarini Architects is compliant with all standards set out in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Hariri Pontarini Architects welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.