Senior Architectural Designer
Are you a creative and passionate Architectural Designer interested in collaborating with some of the greatest talents in architecture?
As a core member of the Design team, you will be expected to conceptualize and design solutions from concept to completion for a range of projects, including High-Rise, Mixed-use, Residential and Commercial. You will utilize 3D imagery and modelling to communicate the project to the Client and City Staff. You will also lead the work of one or more junior designers and work in conjunction with the Project Manager and technical staff. The role reports to the Principal Architect or Project Manager and will be based at our Toronto office.
Hariri Pontarini Architects is a leading Canadian, full-service architectural and interior design firm known for crafting buildings of enduring value. During the past 26 years, the studio has created a reputation in building strong relationships with clients and industry partners and has been recognized with over 80 national and international awards. Today, the 150-person practice continues to expand what is possible in architecture, supported by a team of talented architects, designers, project managers, BIM technologists, architectural visualizers, marketing, finance, administration, and human resource professionals.
As a Senior Architectural Designer, you will be:
- Defining client requirements & then establishing design parameters based on the specific requirement
- Managing client interaction and decision making related to design
- Participating in business development activities if needed
- Attending project meetings when required
- Managing, creating, and developing the entire design concepts with project Architects and Managers
- Formulating and preparing design presentation strategies and presentations
- Creating concept diagrams and presentation materials
- Leading a team of Designers and Technologist
- Managing team members during the implementation of design to ensure clarity and quality of concept are maintained
- Monitoring project budget and schedule related to design team efforts
- Conducting material and product research as required for project development
- Collaborating with other discipline team leaders
To achieve your objectives as a Senior Architectural Designer, you will need to have:
- 10+ years of experience working on Architectural projects such as low- and high-rise residential projects and mixed-use development
- Skills in effectively creating presentations and communicating the concepts to clients
- Created conceptual diagrams and presentation materials using various software applications
- Advance level of experience and knowledge of Revit, AutoCAD Sketch-Up, 3D Max, Rhino, AutoCAD
- Experience in leading a team of Designers and Technologists
- Familiarity with City of Toronto approval processes and submission documents
As a Senior Architectural Designer, you will have:
- A bachelor’s or master’s degree in architecture, art, design, or a relevant field
- Advance skills in Revit, 3D Max, Auto CAD, Revit, SketchUp, Photoshop, Rhino, Lumion & Adobe soft wares
- An OAA / AATO membership / Architectural license is an advantage
As an Individual, you will:
- A self-motivated, creative, and detail-oriented Designer that accepts accountability
- Adhering to deadlines and completing projects as defined with strong attention to details
- Communicate clearly and concisely
- Possess leadership skills in managing teams
- Successfully demonstrate a collaborative team approach and attitude
- Provide innovative and creative solutions to challenges
If you are interested in joining our team, please apply by forwarding your Resume (Word or PDF) and Architectural Design Portfolio (High-Rise, Mixed-use, Residential and Commercial projects) to our Talent Acquisition Lead at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in a career with Hariri Pontarini Architects. Please note that you will be contacted by our Talent Acquisition Lead for further discussion if your experience and qualification are aligned to the role.
Hariri Pontarini Architects is compliant with all standards set out in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Hariri Pontarini Architects welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.