Interior Designer - Intermediate to Senior Level
Are you a creative and passionate Interior Designer interested in collaborating with some of the greatest talents in architecture and design?
As a core member of the Interior Design team, will oversee and collaborate with the team during schematic design, design development, and project management stages on a variety of mid to high-rise buildings, condominiums, offices, healthcare, and retail projects. You will manage all project-related tasks, client meetings, and contractor coordination while working directly with the Design Director and other studio members, consultants, and artisans.
This role will be based at our Toronto office.
Hariri Pontarini Architects is a leading Canadian, full-service architectural and interior design firm known for crafting buildings of enduring value. During the past 27 years, the studio has created a reputation for building strong relationships with clients and industry partners and has been recognized with over 80 national and international awards. Today, the 150-person practice continues to expand what is possible in architecture, supported by a team of talented architects, designers, project managers, BIM technologists, architectural visualizers, marketing, finance, administration, and human resource professionals.
As an Interior Designer, you will:
- Collaborate with the Design Director on initiating new design strategies and the complete execution of projects from concept to construction;
- Lead the project team and execute knowledge in project management, budgets, schedules, and architectural standards;
- Lead the project independently and manage junior/intermediate members of the team;
- Create inspiring and unique design concepts based on client needs, site conditions, and a strong understanding of HPA design vision and language;
- Present your ideas efficiently and coherently through hand/computer sketching, floor layouts, finishes selection, and details;
- Develop compelling visual stories, inspiration boards and renders of spaces;
- Develop construction details and documents; and
- Support the team in refining and improving internal drawing standards.
As an Interior Designer, you will have:
- An Interior Design / Architecture degree that is an accredited 4-year program;
- 6+ years of experience in related areas of Interior Design & Architecture;
- Experience working on mid to high-rise buildings, condominiums, offices, healthcare, and retail projects;
- Experience in managing a team and demonstrating excellent personal time management;
- An advanced level of experience in AutoCAD, SketchUp, and Adobe Creative Suite;
- Strong design sensibility and understanding of architectural spaces and concepts;
- Knowledge of working drawings, construction and millwork details, and building codes;
- Effective verbal and visual communication skills;
- Ability to sketch and draw your ideas effortlessly; and
- Extensive knowledge and constant quest for the latest products and materials in the design, art and architectural fields.
As an ideal candidate, you will:
- Be a self-motivated and creative individual that accepts responsibility and assumes authority in a positive manner;
- Successfully demonstrate a collaborative team approach and attitude; and
- Provide innovative solutions where constructive thinking is required.
If you are interested in joining our team, please apply by forwarding your Resume and Interior Portfolio to email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest in a career with Hariri Pontarini Architects.
Hariri Pontarini Architects is compliant with all standards set out in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Hariri Pontarini Architects welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.