Are you a detail-oriented and creative Architectural Technologist interested in collaborating with some of the greatest talents in architecture and design?
As an Architectural Technologist, you will report to the Project Managers and Job Captains and assist the project team in the assembly, coordination, and completion of Construction Documents for issuance to clients, consultants, and municipal authorities.
Hariri Pontarini Architects is a leading Canadian, full-service architectural and interior design firm known for crafting buildings of enduring value. During the past 27 years, the studio has created a reputation for building strong relationships with clients and industry partners and has been recognized with over 80 national and international awards. Today, the 150-person practice continues to expand what is possible in architecture, supported by a team of talented architects, designers, project managers, BIM technologists, architectural visualizers, marketing, finance, administration, and human resource professionals.
As an Architectural Technologist, you will:
- Work with Project Managers and Job Captains to ensure project deliverables are met on time and budget;
- Liaise closely with Architectural Design team to determine and implement necessary project requirements;
- Analyze and determine solutions to improve concepts and resolve design problems on an ongoing basis;
- Prepare all aspects associated with contract documents;
- Compile plans, details, and schedules to ensure Drawings’ packages comply with best professional practices and applicable codes;
- Check, edit and mark up drawings as required and review design requirements to offer recommendations and create architectural drawings to support construction projects;
- Ascertain and develop plans, elevations, cross-sections, plan and section details, window/door/room schedules and detailed drawings that meet client’s needs as documented in programming stages of the project;
- Review construction/contract drawings to ensure all codes and jurisdictional requirements are complied with and provide coordination between all key stakeholders and various consultants;
- Coordinate the construction document drawings and specifications for all disciplines;
- Prepare project “storyboards” to determine approximately how many drawing sheets are required and how many project hours and staff required in the architectural production;
- Develop and establish technical building details for the project including plans, sections, elevations, plan/section details, schedules (wall/ceiling/roof types, etc.), and elevation details to meet the design intent;
- Source and coordinate all materials to be drawn and specified to ensure feasibility and to meet not only the design intent but to comply with industry standards and all insurers; and
- Maintain familiarity with current construction, document delivery techniques and developments to sustain and improve technical skills.
To achieve your objectives as an Architectural Technologist, you will need to have:
- 4+ years of Canadian experience in production and preparation of Construction and Contract documents for tall buildings;
- Significant experience working in a tall building and the complexity of construction materials;
- Knowledge of architectural design principles and procedures and relevant building codes and jurisdictional requirements;
- Experience in production on multiple projects in a fast-paced, professional environment;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; and
- An understanding of inter-related work processes to be able to adapt to different assignments.
As an Architectural Technologist you will have:
- A degree or diploma in Architectural Technician/Technologist, or equivalent;
- Advanced Revit experience; and
- Advanced computer software skills to produce effective and accurate drawings, develop concepts and prepare reports and presentations.
As an ideal candidate, you will:
- Successfully demonstrate a collaborative team approach and attitude; and
- Provide innovative solutions where constructive thinking is required.
If you are interested in joining our team, please apply by forwarding your Resume (Word/PDF) and Architectural Revit Construction/Working Drawing Portfolio (High-rise, mixed-use, residential, and commercial projects) to our Talent Acquisition Lead at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest in a career with Hariri Pontarini Architects. Please note that you will be contacted by our Talent Acquisition Lead for further discussion if your experience and qualifications are aligned to the role.
Hariri Pontarini Architects is compliant with all standards set out in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Hariri Pontarini Architects welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.