Architectural Job Captain / Project Lead – Production
Are you a detail-oriented project leader interested in collaborating with some of the greatest talents in architecture and design?
As a Job Captain / Project Lead in production, you will report to the Project Managers and assist the project team in the assembly, coordination, and completion of Construction Documents and Working Drawings for issuance to clients, consultants, and municipal authorities.
Hariri Pontarini Architects is a leading Canadian, full-service architectural and interior design firm known for crafting buildings of enduring value. During the past 27 years, the studio has created a reputation for building strong relationships with clients and industry partners and has been recognized with over 80 national and international awards. Today, the 150-person practice continues to expand what is possible in architecture, supported by a team of talented architects, designers, project managers, BIM technologists, architectural visualizers, marketing, finance, administration, and human resource professionals.
As a Job Captain / Project Lead on the production side, you will:
- Work with Project Managers and Technologists to ensure project deliverables are met on time and within budget;
- Use Revit for the preparation of Construction Documents, Building Permit Application, and Issuance of Construction and Tender Sets Administering Contracts, Site Reviews, Shop Drawing Reviews, Issuance of Reports and Change Orders;
- Meet and coordinate with consultants, authorities, and the internal production team;
- Work on large or complex design projects including high-rise (residential & commercial) and mixed-use; and
- Check and recheck work before it gets handed off to the Project Manager.
To achieve your objectives as a Job Captain / Project Lead on the production side, you will have:
- 5+ years of Canadian experience in the production of mid- to high-rise residential, commercial, retail and mixed-use buildings;
- Extensive experience in preparation of Construction and Contract documents;
- In-depth technical knowledge of construction practices and techniques;
- Proficiency in Revit and other software utilized for production;
- An understanding of project milestones and how buildings are developed, and an awareness of the project budget and the number of hours required to complete the project;
- Detailed understanding of the process required to document the building for the Planning and the Building & Safety Departments;
- Significant experience working with tall buildings and the complexity of construction materials;
- Experience leading and ensuring that a team of Technologists are accountable for reaching the project objectives as per the studio standards; and
- Knowledge of architectural design principles and procedures and relevant building codes and jurisdictional requirements.
As a Job Captain / Project Lead on the production side, you will have:
- A degree or diploma in Architecture, Architectural Technologist, or equivalent;
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Revit, BIM, Auto CAD, Bluebeam, Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator, Excel, Sketch-up, 3D Studio Max; and
- Advanced computer software skills to produce effective and accurate drawings, develop concepts and prepare reports and presentations.
As an Individual, you will:
- Be able to work on the production of multiple projects in a fast-paced professional environment;
- Have a clear understanding of interrelated work processes to be able to adapt to various assignments;
- Be a confident decision-maker that accepts responsibility and assumes authority in a positive manner;
- Successfully demonstrate a collaborative team approach and attitude; and
- Provide innovative solutions where constructive thinking is required.
If you are interested in joining our team, please apply by forwarding the documents below to our Talent Acquisition Lead at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Resume - MS Word / PDF
- Architectural Revit Construction/Working Drawing Portfolio of High-rise, Mixed-use, Residential and Commercial projects
Thank you for your interest in a career with Hariri Pontarini Architects. Please note that you will be contacted by our Talent Acquisition Lead for further discussion if your experience and qualifications are aligned to the role.
Hariri Pontarini Architects is compliant with all standards set out in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Hariri Pontarini Architects welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.