Architectural Project Controller
Hariri Pontarini Architects (HPA) is seeking an Architectural Project Controller to join our dedicated project team. The Architectural Project Controller will be an effective communicator, negotiator, critical thinker, and problem solver while organizing, scheduling and budgeting the project.
The role will be defining the project's goals and objectives; identifying, creating and monitoring a project's budget and schedule, analyzing progress reported against the work schedules; and recommending actions to improve progress for a variety of high-end large-scale Multi-Unit Residential, Mixed Use and Master Planning projects.
As a core member of the team, you will work directly with the Project Managers and Designers to manage project-related tasks including client meetings and coordination with contractors, sub-consultants, and suppliers. The role is based at HPA’s Toronto studio.
HPA is a leading Toronto-based, full-service practice known for crafting projects of enduring value. Founded in 1994 by Siamak Hariri and David Pontarini, the firm’s portfolio covers a diverse range of institutional, cultural, mixed-use, commercial, and residential projects of international acclaim. Distinguished by an unwavering commitment to designing excellence, and an aspiration to create architecture and design that can uplift and inspire, HPA’s growing body of work has helped to elevate and expand Canada’s architectural profile on the global stage.
As an Architectural Project Controller, you will:
- Manage and oversee all project processes throughout their lifecycle
- Prepare schedule progress reports, schedule analysis and trending charts
- Review and development, issuance and tracking of change orders as required
- Identify and evaluate potential changes driven by client approvals, consultant team coordination and scope creep
- Coordinate implementation plan with project site teams and escalate areas of misalignment and improvement
- Follow-up on support from the Finance and Operations team to ensure alignment of project forecast with current funding and client billing
- Track project budget, expenditures and schedules by liaising and coordinating with the Senior Project Manager and consultants
- Maintain and control budgets from design concept through to project completion
- Present results of cost analysis to Senior leadership and clients
- Provide detailed daily, weekly, or monthly cost reporting
- Examine requests for budget revisions, recommend approval or denial and draft correspondence
- Maintain and file critical records, approvals, amendments and coordinated milestone documents distributed to consultants
- Maintain digital file management and tracking of issued documentation
- Ensure alignment with the client's portfolio controls governance and objectives
- Assist with an update to projections on cash flows, staffing plans and contingency usage
- Support the change control process, establishing the necessary forms, logs and expediting methods
- Define the work scope and prepare overall schedules and budgets for various-sized projects
- Contribute to the development of governance, processes, and training materials
As an Architectural Project Controller, you will have a/an:
- Accredited 4-year degree in Architecture, Engineering, and Construction management
- Project Management Certification would be an advantage
- Experience working as a Project Controller on complex large-scale Architectural / Engineering / Construction projects within Canada
- Comfortable overseeing the complete project life cycle, including change orders
- Understand processes for Architecture/ Engineering/ Construction for municipal submission and required procedures and documentation
- Experience with enterprise resource planning tools and programs
- In-depth expertise with cost estimates and cost analysis
- Understand Programs related to Architecture/ Engineering/ Construction
As an Individual you will be:
- An effective communicator that can easily collaborate with various internal stakeholders, clients, and consultants
- A critical thinker and problem solver
- An excellent negotiator
- Organized and experienced at scheduling and budgeting project lifecycle
- Able to provide solutions by using innovative approaches
If you are interested in joining, please apply by forwarding your resume to email@example.com
Thank you for your interest in a career with Hariri Pontarini Architects.
Hariri Pontarini Architects is compliant with all standards set out in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). Hariri Pontarini Architects welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.