Hariri Pontarini Architects (HPA) is expanding its team.
As a full-service architectural firm devoted to producing work of lasting public value and enduring cultural worth, HPA has created a reputation in building strong relationships with clients and industry partners as well as within their 130 person practice.
We are looking to hire a qualified, creative, and detail-oriented crafts-person to join our talented fabrication studio in our Toronto office. The successful candidate will use traditional shop machinery and carpentry tools as well as laser cutting, CNC and 3D printing to create beautifully crafted architectural models. studio in our Toronto office. The successful candidate will use traditional shop machinery and carpentry tools as well as laser cutting, CNC and 3D printing to create beautifully crafted architectural models.
Our ideal candidate will possess a solid understanding of the architectural design process, great manual dexterity, detail oriented, and knowledgeable of various material properties. The position requires a keen ability to work independently while following all health and safety standards.
- Use traditional carpentry machinery and hand tools
- Interpret architectural drawings into three-dimensional form
- Apply creativity and design sensibility to develop new and unique ways to study and represent architectural projects
- Liaise with consultants, such as laser cutting, 3D printing, and CNC router shops as well as material suppliers
- Maintain inventory of stock material, shop supplies and equipment
- Tidy up and maintain shop environment
- Assist in maintenance of the general office space
- Proficient in using electrical and manual carpentry equipment (table saws, bandsaws, sanders, routers, hammers, handsaws, chisels, files, knives/cutters, rulers, etc.)
- Proven experience in both architectural design, architctural modelling techniques, and methods of fabrication (other artisanal skills are an asset)
- Ability to work well and communicate with teammates, managers, and project leads
- Passion for designing and crafting beautiful and sculptural objects and commitment to design excellence
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Proficient in AutoCAD, Adobe Suite, Sketchup and/or Rhino (Revit, Grasshopper, and other digital modelling software are assets)
- Ability to read technical documents and drawings
- Willingness to follow safety guidelines
- Proficient in English
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Architecture, Environmental Design, Interior Design, or an equivalent field
Please forward your resume to: SKang@hp-arch.com.
While all applications are appreciated, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest.